Best Tithi & Muhurat for Saraswati Puja
Hindu devotees also observe Saraswati puja on Basant Panchmi tithi. There is a lot of confusion among students about the date and timing of Basant Panchmi/Saraswati puja. In many areas of the country, Saraswati puja will be celebrated on January 29, whereas in other parts, the Saraswati puja will be organised on January 30. As per Hindu Panchang (calendar), the Panchami Tithi of Shukla Paksha of Magh month will start at 10.45 am on January 29 and ends at 1.19 pm on January 30.
As per Panchang, the Panchami Tithi i.e. Basant Panchmi starts on January 29 at 10.45 am. However, the best time to do Saraswati puja is Udya Tithi. Hence, devotees can do the Saraswati puja in Udya Tithi on January 30 to get the blessing of the goddess of knowledge and art.
Saraswati Puja Vidhi & Mantra
Saraswati is the goddess of knowledge, art and creative energy. The yellow colour is believed to be the favourite colour of Goddess Saraswati. Follow the steps provided below to worship Goddess Saraswati:
1) Get a photo or idol of Maa Saraswati and a Puja Kalash
2) Clean the idol and place it on the puja table/rack. You should also keep your books and art supplies on the side of the puja area
3) Offer yellow cloth, vermilion, yellow flower and yellow fruits & sweets to the goddess
4) Light a lamp and incense sticks or agarbatti and recite Saraswati Puja Mantra
Om Shri Saraswataye Namah
5) At the end perform the Aarti of Goddess Saraswati to seek her blessings
Take the Saraswati puja prasad and distribute it among family and friends.
Saraswati Murti Visarjan Shubh Muhurat
The shubh muhurat for Saraswati Murti Visarjan (best time for Saraswati idol immersion) is on Friday, January 31, 2020. The devotees can go for Saraswati Murti Visarjan after 6.10 PM, as per Hindu Panchang.